Zoom’s Q3HD Handy Video Recorder isn’t much bigger than a cell phone, but can record 1080p video and high-quality PCM audio.
As well as recording 1080p HD video at 30 fps, the Q3HD will also record 720p HD video at 60fps or 30fps. For audio, it carries a pair of unidirectional microphones, arranged in the same 120° X/Y pattern found on some of its audio field recorders. It will record PCM audio at up to 24bits and 96KHz, as well as variable bit (48-320 Kbps) AAC. It has level meters on board as well as a microphone gain switch.
The lens has a fixed focal length (with 4x digital zoom) and a decently big (F/2.8) maximum aperture. You can control exposure using one of three lighting settings. The unit has 2.4-inch LCD and HDMI and USB 2.0 ports.
Specification Hightlights: Q3HD Handy Video Recorder
- Recording Media: SD/SDHC (up to 32GB, Class 4 or higher recommended)
- Sensor: 1/3.2-inch 5 megapixel CMOS
- Lens: Fixed Focus (1.0m to infinity), F/2.8 (4x digital zoom)
- Video Formats: MPEG-4 AVC / H.264（MOV）
- Video Resolution: HD1080p 30fps; HD720p 60fps or 30fps; WVGA
- Audio: PCM (16/24bit, 44.1/48/96kHz); AAC (48 to 320kbps, 48kHz)
- Built-in Mic: Unidirectional, 120-degree X/Y stereo
- Sound Functions: Lo-cut filter, Auto REC level
- Display: 2.4-inch LCD
- Built-in Monaural Speaker
- Line In: 1/8-inch stereo
- Line Out: 1/8-inch stereo
- Video Out: Mini-HDMI (Type C)
- USB: USB2.0 Mass storage mode
- Power: 2 x AA
- Battery Life: 2 hours (Movie mode), 4 hours (Audio mode)
- Dimensions: 51 x 132.9 x 23 mm (WxDxH)
- Weight: 105g (without batteries)
- Price: na