The LS-20M has a fixed autofocus lens (with 4x digital zoom) and carries two displays – a two-inch colour screen that serves as a video viewfinder/playback viewer, plus a smaller information screen that shows recording levels, battery status, etc.
Like many Olympus stereo recorders, it also has built-in stereo microphones, with mini-jacks to accept external microphones too. As well as recording Linear PCM files in wav format, it will also record in compressed MP3 format. The recorder allows both auto-levels and manual control over recording levels as well as a low-cut filter.
The video portion includes a number of special effects filters. The unit comes with a 2GB SD card and will accept up to 32GB SDHC cards.
Specification Highlights: Olympus LS-20M
- Audio Recording Formats: PCM (WAV) 96kHz/24bit, 20Hz-44kHz; MP3 128kbps, 50Hz-17kHz (TBD)
- Video Recording Format: MOV
- Recording Media: SD/SDHC card slot
- Image sensor: 1/4 inch CMOS, 5.32 Megapixel
- Lens: 4.1mm (16:9 at 49mm, 4:3 at 59mm)
- LCD: 2.0 inch colour
- Connectors: USB 2.0, HDMI
- Internal Speaker: 16 mm round dynamic speaker
- Microphone Jack: 3.5mm dia
- Headphone Jack: 3.5mm dia
- Power Supply: Lithium Ion Battery
- Size: 134.7 x 62.8 x 18.2 mm (5.3 x 2.5 x 0.7 in.)
- Weight: 154g (5.4 oz), including batteries
- Availability: June
- Estimated Price: $330