- Chilkoot Trail Artist Residency Program 2012 “The Artists’ Journey”: The Yukon Arts Centre, Parks Canada and the U.S. National Park Service are seeking submissions to participate in an international creative journey within the Klondike Gold Rush National Historic Park, Alaska and the Chilkoot Trail National Historic Site, British Columbia. Two visual artists will be selected—one from Canada and one from the United States. The submission deadline is February 3.
- FEAST (Funding Engaging Actions with Sustainable Tactics)
Toronto is accepting project proposals until March 1. FEAST is a series of community dinners and micro-funding events. During each dinner, artists, designers and groups are invited to present proposals for art- or design-based projects. Everyone attending the dinner votes on which project they would like to fund, and the project with the most votes is given a grant from the money raised from the ticket sales. The grant winner(s) will be invited back to the next FEAST to present their completed project.
- Calgary’s Leighton Art Centre invites Alberta artists of all mediums to submit to a exhibition of artwork created as a result of travel outside Canada. The submission deadline is March 1.
- The Leica Oskar Barnack Award (for professional photographers) and the Leica Oskar Barnack Newcomer Award (for photographers 25 years old and under) is open for submissions until March 1. Submissions should be a series of 10 to 12 images that explore the relationship between man and the environment.
- Toronto’s 918 Bathurst, Lonsdale Gallery, and Gallery 44 are accepting submissions for The Dark Room, a juried group show focused on analogue and alternative process photography (e.g., 35 mm photography, pinhole, collodion/wet plate, silver gelatin, platinum prints,camera obscura, lomography,and photograms). The submission deadline is March 16.
- Until April 30, applications are being accepted for the APA/Lucie Foundation Scholarship program for professional photographers.