From October 12 through 14, Exposure will be at the International Centre (Hall 5) in Mississauga, Ont. This photo and video imaging expo will offer seminars, presentations, and deals on the latest photo and video products.
Sony will be presenting Pulitzer Prize-winning photographer Brian Smith, who will be speaking about the “Secrets of Great Portrait Photography” on October 13. Ed Robertson of The Barenaked Ladies will be giving a Keynote Presentation on Sunday, October 14, where he will share about his journey of taking the Photo 101 course at Henry’s School of Imaging and learning to compose and create by controlling the settings on his camera.
Westcott & Canon will be presenting Syl Arena’s Keynote session on “Using Light & Shadow To Create Cinematic Portraits.” Syl Arena is widely known for saying “If you want to create interesting light, you have to create interesting shadows. So, look at the light and think about the shadows.” In this energetic workshop, Syl will talk about how he shapes light and shadow for artistic effect in his portraits.
Here’s a small sample of the other topics covered in the plethora of options available duing the expo:
- Using Light & Shadow To Create Cinematic Portraits
- Composition Essentials
- Fine Art Photography on a Compact Systems Camera
- ISO: The Secret Weapon for Better Photography
- Tips and techniques for everyday underwater photography
- Getting Started with Flash Photography
- How and when to use Reflectors & Diffusers
- LED Technology: Using for both Photo & Video
- Take your photos from the ordinary to extraordinary.
- Managing Your Photos & Workflow Made Simple
- Photoshop CS6 for Photographers
- Power of Lightroom
More information on the show, the complete schedule and list of speakers can be found at www.exposureshow.com.