Nikon Canada today announced the release of the Nikon 1 V2, designed to
provide users with stunning images, sharp Full HD (1080p) videos, and
new features to appease even the most creative minds.
Some of the key features of the new Nikon 1 V2 include the following:
- A 14.2-megapixel CX-format high-speed CMOS sensor
- Full HD (1080p) video recording
- A new textured grip, a built-in flash, and a Command Dial for easy access to features and controls
- New features including Best Moment Capture Mode, which enables users to capture a moment in slow motion, and Live Image Control, which shows users what their images would look like before they are captured with various effects and settings
- A wide ISO range (100-6400) for incredible low-light performance
- Advanced Hybrid Autofocus (AF) system that enables fast AF with 73 focus points
- High-speed continuous shooting with auto focusing up to 60 fps
Additionally, Nikon Canada announced the optional SB-N7 Speedlight, a versatile, compact, and lightweight flash unit that connects to the Nikon 1 V1 and V2. Its flash head tilts up to 90 degrees and rotates horizontally 180 degrees. The SB-N7 provides opportunities to explore lighting options including wide flash bouncing capabilities, and also runs on AAA batteries.
Also announced today is an addition to the NIKKOR line of lenses, the AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/4G ED VR telephoto zoom lens. Designed to provide a versatile focal length at a constant f/4 aperture for full frame FX-format photographers, this is the first NIIKOR lens to feature the third generation of Nikon’s Vibration Reduction (VR) technology.