Did you make some photo resolutions for 2013? If so, perhaps some of these opportunities might help you reach your goals.
- Flash Forward has extended the deadline for their Emerging Photographers Competition for photographers 34 years and younger. (New deadline: January 11)
- It’s Liquid International Contest is accepting entries in all categories, including photography. (Deadline: January 23)
- Stride Gallery in Calgary is accepting proposals for exhibitions for the +15 Window Space located in the public +15 walkways in the Epcor Centre for the Performing Arts. This special call is directed specifically to locally-based emerging and aspiring artists, but all interested artists are welcome to apply. (Deadline: January 26)
- From January 15 to February 15, apexart’s Unsolicited Proposal program is accepting proposals from anyone, from anywhere. In an effort to level the “playing field,” submissions are reviewed anonymously on the strength of the idea; supplemental materials are not accepted. (Deadline: February 15)
- The Eighth International Phodar Biennial is accepting entries. The theme is Globalization. (Deadline: February 28)
- 918 Bathurst is accepting submissions for The Dark Room 2.0, a crowd-sourced, group exhibition celebrating alternative process and analogue photography. Artists working with 35 mm photography, pinhole, collodion/wet plate, silver gelatin, platinum prints, camera obscura, lomography, photograms, etc., may submit. (Deadline: March 22)
- Starting January 15, ViewPoint Gallery in Halifax will be accepting submissions for their International Photographic Competition 2013. (Deadline: April 1)
- Photo Life’s Showtime Photo Contest, sponsored by Epson Canada Ltd., is open to all Canadian residents. The next deadlines and themes are February 8 (A Mother) and April 12 (Insects).