The School of the Photographic Arts: Ottawa is pleased to announce Exhibition No. 9, this year’s conclusive showing of student portfolios. While much of the work in the exhibition touches upon the theme of “classification,” the total artistic variety transcends any attempt to classify.
A summary of some of the featured portfolios:
• Melissa Andrews captures the kinetic power of dance
• Abigail Gossage contemplates World War II “victory homes”
• Allison Lacasse offers oddly compelling street scenes
• Philip Ross constructs and photographs strange creatures
• Ruth Steinberg revisits the classical portrait
• Sarah Ruest documents a gender transformation
• Christian Sarrette delves into the contemporary nude
• David Wilson dreams up dark and mysterious tableaux
This exceptional collection of photographic achievement includes exhibition prints (available for sale) and bound portfolios.
The two-week-long showing (daily viewing hours are 10 a.m to 6 p.m.) includes a panel discussion: The State of the Photograph, Thursday, May 8 at 19:00, as well as artist talks presented by advanced students. Check http://www.spao.ca/ for artist talk dates and times. For details: firstname.lastname@example.org, 613.562.3824